MCP Issue

Ed Bruce edwardbruce at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 11 15:50:11 IST 2006

I'm running MS v 4.56.6 and just noticed a strange error today. I have
MCP setup to catch a few derogotary terms. More for testing purposes
then actually use. It rarely gets any hits. But today it is consistently
hitting one person. The funny thing it is matching on rules in the spam
rules and not the MCP rules. The last message had the following from
MailWatch for Spam:

cached 	not

	score=0.22
5.6 	required
-2.60 	BAYES_00 	Bayesian spam probability is 0 to 1%
1.10 	FM_MULTI_ODD2
0.00 	FORGED_OUTLOOK_HTML 	Outlook can't send HTML message only
0.00 	FORGED_OUTLOOK_TAGS 	Outlook can't send HTML in this format
0.50 	HTML_40_50 	Message is 40% to 50% HTML
0.00 	HTML_MESSAGE 	HTML included in message
0.22 	MIME_BASE64_NO_NAME 	base64 attachment does not have a file name
0.00 	MIME_HTML_ONLY 	Message only has text/html MIME parts
1.00 	SUBJ_ALL_CAPS 	Subject is all capitals

In the MCP section:

MCP Score: 	4.61
MCP Report:
	Score 	Matching Rule 	Description
	ALL_TRUSTED

	FORGED_OUTLOOK_HTML

	FORGED_OUTLOOK_TAGS

	HTML_MESSAGE

	MIME_HTML_ONLY

	SUBJ_ALL_CAPS

I'm confused how the MCP section is suddenly matching my SA rules
instead of the ones I created for MCP?