LOTS of sendmail processes

Andy Norris andy at tireswing.net
Wed Oct 11 16:22:53 IST 2006

When I issue a service sendmail restart command, I get nine pids
immediately, and it goes up from there. Way up most of the time.

I have lots of email that is not being scanned by MailScanner at all,
and it's just the last few days this has been happening.

sendmail v8.12.11
RHEL ES v3 (Taroon update 4)
Avg load somewhere around 0.25 (goes to 0.60 and higher depending on
time of day)
Perl v5.8.0
Using spamassassin v3.1.0
This is on a machine running Ensim Pro 4.0.3-22.rhel.3ES

I'm tempted a bit to "uninstall" MailScanner and SpamAssassin -- if
that's possible -- and start all over again. I know it's got to be
something that was duplicated somewhere... my fault, of course.

Thanks,

Andy