idea for next version

mailscanner at berger.nl mailscanner at berger.nl
Tue Oct 10 21:49:21 IST 2006

Well, I am happily using mailscanner for a while now and it still works great.

So I was checking mailwatch this evening and I found out that the spam / ham percentage is 60% / 40% at daytime and 95% / 5% at night. This is quiet logical because at daytime everybody is working and at night (well here in europe) only spammers are working. This can be used for the spamfiltering. I think if it is possible to f.e. do, "spamscore * 1.2" between 11:00 pm and 7:00 am, it will hit more highscoring spam at night. Offcourse it will also hit ham, but as there is much less ham at night the possibility is less. Then, most off the overnight ham is mailinglist which are often whitelisted.

Any ideas?

Roger