Bayesian database not learning

Douglas Ward dward at nccumc.org
Tue Oct 10 17:09:41 IST 2006

Thank you for this information.  I checked /root/.spamassassin and saw
a 1 kb bayes database.  I assume this is the blank database created by
spamassassin upon installation.  My real bayes database is over 2.5
mb.  Since I am not using the blank bayes db I deleted it.  I then ran
the following commands:

sa-learn --dump magic
sa-learn --dump magic -p /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf

Both returned the same number of spam/ham tokens.  I think the problem
spam wise is that my learn value (12.0) is too high.  I am curious
about the low end value (0.1).  Does this catch negative scores?  Most
of our ham scores less than zero but it is not learned either.  The
message that I received this morning with a score of 16.5 surely
should have trained the tokens.

Time for the potentially silly question: What value should
bayes_auto_learn have (0 or 1)?  How about bayes_auto_expire?