Bayesian database not learning

Billy A. Pumphrey bpumphrey at woodmclaw.com
Tue Oct 10 15:43:13 IST 2006

By default it will use a different database, /root/.spamassassin/ I
believe.  From my experience, you have to specify the -p for the conf
file.  I tested this by doing a sa-learn without it and then checked the
bayes database with the dump command and there were no new updates.  I
added the -p command and the bayes was updated.  Looks like you may not
have to add the -p to the sa-learn dump command though, although you may
want to make sure yourself.

Here are my notes from when I set my learning up:

sa-learn --dump magic
	This will show you how many emails bayes has learned
http://www.annodex.net/cgi-bin/man/man2html?sa-learn+1
	Good link

HERE IS WHAT TO USE for the spam from exchange to linux learn:
As the spam user:
	For spam
1.	fetchmail --folder spam --all (logged in as spam)
2.	Log in as root
3.	sa-learn -p /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf--mbox
---no-sync --showdots --spam /var/spool/mail/spam
4.	rm -f /var/spool/mail/spam
5.	touch /var/spool/mail/spam
6.	sa-learn -p /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf --sync

For ham
1.	fetchmail--folder ham --all (logged in as spam)
2.	Log in as root
3.	sa-learn -p /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf --mbox
--no-sync --showdots --ham /var/spool/mail/spam
4.	rm -f /var/spool/mail/spam
5.	touch /var/spool/mail/spam
6.	sa-learn -p /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf --sync

believed to be clean.