FW: Missing /rules files from MailScanner installation fromports

Koopmann, Jan-Peter Jan-Peter.Koopmann at seceidos.de
Sun Oct 8 13:00:55 IST 2006

On Saturday, October 07, 2006 6:44 AM James L. Day wrote:

>> /rules/bounce.rule
>>
>> /rules/max.message.size.rule

Agreed. I have not been aware of these two files. Please remember that
Julian too has better things to do than telling me about every file or
installation change he is doing. Therefore these things are bound to
happen. I do not use bounce.rule and max.message.size.rule in my
installations therefore I have never came across this. I will put it on
the todo list for the next release.

>> /mcp/mcp.spam.assassin.prefs.conf

This should be there as .sample file. Can you please recheck? Maybe for
some reason it is not copied during "initial-config" phase which it
should be.

>> Also, the follow files ARE NOT copied to /usr/local/etc/rc.d.
>> According to the docs;
>>
>> The port installs two start/stop scripts in /usr/local/etc/rc.d:
>>
>> mailscanner.sh
>>
>> mta.sh
>>
> I disagree. They were created for me...
>
> -r-xr-xr-x 1 root wheel 1017 Oct 6 23:19 mailscanner.sh -r-xr-xr-x 1
> root wheel 4412 Oct 6 23:19 mta.sh

Can someone please recheck? I will setup mailscanner on FreeBSD6 boxes
during the next two weeks and check for myself. The creation of those
files however is part of the FreeBSD port system and not necessarily my
port. That and the fact that noone else has ever complained about this
was the reason for suspecting something wrong in "somebodies" port
system.

Regards,
  JP