FW: Missing /rules files from MailScanner installation fromports

Michael S. admin at thenamegame.com
Sat Oct 7 06:20:26 IST 2006

I disagree. They were created for me...

-r-xr-xr-x 1 root wheel 1017 Oct 6 23:19 mailscanner.sh
-r-xr-xr-x 1 root wheel 4412 Oct 6 23:19 mta.sh

> But this never happens. You have to go back to the port collections
> file directory and copy the shell script into the proper directory.
>
> Can you have the port maintainer correct this problem?

That's strange; because on 3 servers thus far mailscanner.sh and mta.sh were
not copied to /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ where they are suppose to end up after
the port installation. I had to copy them from /ports/files/mailscanner.in
and mta.in to /usr/local/etc/rc.d manually.

Also, what has everyone done with files such as clean.quarantine and
update_virus_scanners? Since one is supposed to run hourly and the other
daily did you copy them somewhere and symlink them back to
/usr/local/libexec/MailScanner where all the cron jobs are or did you simply
create a root cronjob? Seems like this step is missing as well. Unless you
are well aware of what the setup should look like you wouldn't even know
about it.