Mailscanner/Spam Assassin supportforMicrosoftIMF/SCLSpamscoring?

Duncan, Brian M. brian.duncan at kattenlaw.com
Wed Oct 4 19:42:59 IST 2006

No Christian,  your message did make it yesterday. I was excited that
someone was already doing this..  I read it and figured I would be able
to do what you documented.

Unfortunately, the MS IMF user configurable content filter will ONLY act
on subject or body or both.  NOT message headers.  (From everything I
have read, I even had an Exchange admin here set it up and from looking
at it there is NO capability to act on the presence of a specific
header)

So organizations that tag Spam based on message headers it does not look
like you can get Spam Assassin/Mail Scanner logic to flow through to
Exchange/Outlook junk mail folder.

Yet there is a possible solution, I have sent emails to this company and
am awaiting a reply and an eval of the product.

http://www.smtptracker.com/

Assassin2Exchange filter (SpamAssassin to Exchange Spam Confidence Level
conversion utility) released with SMTPTracker version 2.0. This
stand-alone utility offers custom header conversion from spamassassin
spam level to Exchange 2003 scl value (more complex than current
s-tracker's conversion) and is available free to registered users. If
you feel like this is what you need, send questions and sugestions to
info at smtptracker.com.

They charge 35.00 for an enterprise unlimited license for the product,
or 500 for the source code.  It looks like this might work as an
alternative for Those like me, that do not want subject or body
modifications.

I know this is the MailScanner list, and this technically is now beyond
MailScanner.  I just wanted to follow up on this incase anyone else was
thinking it would be good to put support for this in MailScanner or Spam
Assassin.

(it looks like the xheader for IMF SCL score is not all that is needed
anyhow, I tested today having mail scanner create the SCL header on
failed Spam messages before hitting Exchange, IMF just ignored the
header and re-processed the messages)