[OT] Sendmail and access file question

Res res at ausics.net
Mon Oct 2 23:33:08 IST 2006

On Mon, 2 Oct 2006, Scott Silva wrote:

>> the domain of evil.remote.domain in the access file but
>> user at local.domain wants mail from spammer at evil.remote.domain but only
>> from spammer at evil.remote.domain.  In that example, I'm only aware that I

> AFAIK the access file is all or nothing. You would have to allow all from the
> evil spammer, and then let MailScanner sort it out.
> Sounds like you need to lart a luser.

The better approach is to allow ALL mail to the user that wants it,

To:usr at wants.spam

then mailscanner can whitelist the from: evil at bunny and to
usr at wants.spam

This minimises the risk to other users

--
Cheers
Res

"Just a world that we all must share, it's not enough just to stand and
stare, is it only a dream that there'll be no more turning away" - Floyd