70k mqueue.in but load under 1 ??

Res res at ausics.net
Mon Nov 27 21:24:09 GMT 2006

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006, Tony Johansson wrote:

> Martin,
>
> I'm running Sendmail 8.13.1 with a 3 second greet_pause

This will be a spamasassin problem, we suffered the same fate, disable SA
and it will skim through your queue in a couple minutes.

You will need to fine tune SA, if you have 2 CPUs in that box, make
number
of mailscanner processes 10, batches of 50, and SA scan msg of no more
than 30k.

To get through them now just disable spam assassin and sighup mailscanner,
else things will only get worse.

--
Cheers
Res

"Just a world that we all must share, it's not enough just to stand and
stare, is it only a dream that there'll be no more turning away" - Floyd