use spamcop and bounce with spamcop response help.

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Nov 27 02:44:18 GMT 2006

Chuck Rock spake the following on 11/26/2006 4:41 PM:
> I am bouncing messages with MailScanner that match the Spamcop list.
>
> I see in the latest version I'm using 4.56.8 you can modify message headers
> with actions.
>
> Is there a way to modify the message header to the spamcop address is listed
> with the proper IP like if you just used Sendmail to bounce it?
>
> This is what Spamcop tells you to di if you run Sendmail.
>
> FEATURE(`enhdnsbl', `bl.spamcop.net', `"Spam blocked see:
> http://spamcop.net/bl.shtml?"$&{client_addr}', `t')dnl
>
> I was thinking of adding the message header in MailScanner similar to this.
>
> Spam Actions = bounce header "X-Spam-Status:
> Yes : 'http://spamcop.net/bl.shtml?'(flagged_IP)
>
> Is there a syntax in Mailscanner to provide that IP to that header line so a
> person could get to the spamcop site with their IP address information?
>
> Thanks,
> Chuck

If you want that "feature", and are dropping the message anyway, why not just
drop it at the MTA. You will save yourself the load, and get the desired
result. You really should never bounce messages after you receive them. If
they are dropped during the connection phase, you get the rejection to the
proper server, but if you have received it, then all you have is the possibly
forged sender address to rely on.
--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and