OT: Wiki - Postfix SMTP recipient verification

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 17:24:29 GMT 2006

On 20/11/06, Steve Freegard <steve.freegard at fsl.com> wrote:
> Hi Postfixers,
>
> I've just added a how-to to the MailScanner Wiki to do the Sendmail
> 'milter-ahead' SMTP recipient verification equivalent in native Postfix
> which is far easier than building recipient maps for mail systems that
> can reject unknown users at the SMTP stage.
>
> See
> http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:configuration:mta:postfix:how_to:reject_non_existent_users#using_smtp_recipient_verification
> for the info.
>
> I'm surprised you Postfixers didn't beat me to it - so now you've got a
> Sendmailer editing your Wiki entries ;-)

Perhaps because it doesn't provide me with the flexibility I need? I
do a bit more than just snarf the LDAP list(s) straight up...
Scripting it all (or using a nicely convoluted LDAP search
statememnt:-) I can make addresses that really should never be visible
anywhere but our organization... be so:-).
Sure, I could probably do this by beating the windoze guys over the
head a couple of times or three... But that way I'd have to start
looking over my shoulder going down staircases etc...:-D The "old" way
is far better for me;-).

Not to mention that laziness is a virtue...:-D.

--
-- Glenn