mailscanner is a lovely tool

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at fsl.com
Mon Nov 20 07:33:00 GMT 2006

Hi Vinjay,

vinay poojary wrote:
> Mailscanner is a lovely tool and i am using it with no problem at all .

No arguments with that statement here... ;-)

> Presently my company wants to send the outgoing mails with the signature
> containg the company logo .Is there any facility via which i can add the
> logo in the signature of every out going mails .
 >
> I am presently using the html signature.
>
> It would be very kind of you if u tell me the procedure of howto add the
> company logo which is in .png/.jpg format .

Attaching a .png or .jpg to every message you send out would be an
extremely bad idea (increase in bandwidth, annoyance of recipient etc.)
so MailScanner makes no provision for this.

What you could do is to place the company logo (in the correct format
and in a sufficiently small size) on your web server, then put an IMG
tag in the HTML signature linking to the logo on your web server.

I don't advocate this - but it is a much nicer option than auto
attaching an image to every mail (and you can do it without modification
to MailScanner).

Cheers,
Steve.