HTML filtering (still)

Howard Robinson Howard at harper-adams.ac.uk
Fri Nov 17 16:53:56 GMT 2006

Denis,
you are correct it is now not reporting this in Mailllog.
Thanks.

Further to the question I posted earlier re syntax checking MailScanner.conf

Running MailScanner --lint still gives the following error
[root at blackhole2 sbin]# MailScanner --lint
Cannot open config file --lint, No such file or directory at /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Config.pm line 592.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 65.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 65.

Looking at the MailScanner lists I came across these two commands
[root at blackhole2 MailScanner]# grep MailScannerVersion /usr/sbin/MailScanner | head -1
$MailScanner::Config::MailScannerVersion = '4.48.4';

&
[root at blackhole2 MailScanner]#grep -A 20 GetOptions /usr/sbin/MailScanner
which produced nothing! .

On the particular question on the list it was traced to CustomConfig.pm being the wrong file. Even though it mentions Config.pm! CustomConfig.rpmnew when renamed correcting the fault.
This hasn't work on my installation.

I intend to upgrade to the latest version of MailScanner on Monday afternoon but is there a fault in MailScanner.conf or is it that --lint does not work for the version I am using?
If there ia fault will the update correct this or simply perpetuate it?

Thanks once again

.>>> Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca 17/11/06 13:50:04 >>>