[sendmail] Skipping rbl per domain

Aaron K. Moore amoore at dekalbmemorial.com
Fri Nov 10 13:48:10 GMT 2006

If you are hosting individual e-mail accounts, then you should give
milter-ahead a second look.  All it does is verify that the recipient's
e-mail address really exists by querying the internal mail server
hosting the domain.  If it does not exist, then it rejects the e-mail.

That way you're not chewing up processing time with MailScanner scanning
e-mails that are only going to be rejected because the account doesn't
exist.

I used to have a lot of those messages clogging my outbound mail queue
on my MailScanner box until I started using milter-ahead.

Joost Waversveld wrote:
> Martin,
>
> That are indeed very good options but we are an hosting-provider and
> we want the customer to decide what is SPAM and what is not. Only for
> the customer who really understands what is happening and what it
> means, we want to implement this features. Also, at the moment we use
> windows mailservers with MailScanner in front of them. I did not
> investigate yet if these milters will work with the mailserver.
>
> I'll keep them in mind for the future. Thanx for the information.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Joost Waversveld

< snip >

--