mailscanner-mrtg graph labels

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Tue Nov 7 14:38:06 GMT 2006

Gerry Doris a écrit :
> I upgraded my system from Fedora Core 4 to 6 last weekend.
> Surprisingly it went quite well.  I thought everything was working
> properly until I noticed that two of the mailscanner-mrtg graphs have
> their labels messed up.  The data looks correct.
>
> The two messed up graphs are Mail Transferred and Memory.  It is the
> top level as well as the detail graphs.  The vertical legend for each
> is showing the number scale followed by the letters M,G,T,P spread out
> into the graph area for each number.
>
> This has been working perfectly for ages...I think?  Has anyone else
> noticed this?  I'm using 0.10.00.  I upgraded to the unstable version
> 11 but it didn't make a difference.
Gerry,

This looks more like an MRTG problem than a MailScanner-MRTG one because
the 2 graphs that you are having problems with come from different
sources: your log files for MTA and SNMP for memory.

Are you sure you didn't mess up the /etc/mrtg/mailscanner-mrtg.cfg file
for these 2 graphs? This is what I have for the MTA:
YLegend[mailbytes]: Bytes
ShortLegend[mailbytes]: bytes
Legend1[mailbytes]: Average Bytes
Legend2[mailbytes]:
Legend3[mailbytes]: Maximum Bytes
Legend4[mailbytes]:
LegendI[mailbytes]: :
LegendO[mailbytes]:
kilo[mailbytes]: 1024
kMG[mailbytes]: k,M,G,T,P

If all is OK, then maybe something changed in FC6 and the last 2 lines
(kilo and kMG) are not having the same effect as they did before.

Denis

--
   _
  °v°   Denis Beauchemin, analyste