MailScanner.conf parameter question

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 11:53:22 GMT 2006

On 06/11/06, Integrated Technologies <develop at in-tech.us> wrote:
> Just a little confused on one setting in the MailScanner.conf file:
>
> Sign Message Already Processed = yes
>
> If I set the above to "no", will it still scan a reply returned to me and
> just not append it with another footer sig? Or will this completely allow
> the returned message to bypass MailScanner altogether?
>
> I can see the value of not signing the message numerous times; especially if
> it was a business email (for example) that requires multiple replies…But
> then again, if this allows the replied to message to completely bypass
> MailScanner then I'll have to rethink my strategy…
>
> Please advise.
>
> My gratitude for your time and patience

IIRC, this does exactly what it says on the tin... It will prevent the
signing of a message detected to have passed through MS already (on
another host), so that if you have several MailScanners "chained
together" (think secondary MX palming things off to a primary MX after
a stop, type of things) only the first get to leave a visible mark in
the body. AFAIR that is it... Both instances will scan as normal.

--
-- Glenn