MailScanner ANNOUNCEMENT: Your Software Needs You!

Chris Hammond chris at tac.esi.net
Fri May 26 16:06:38 IST 2006

Here is the script that I promised.  I have removed some hard coded stuff and replaced with variables.
I have not tested it since making the changes so I do not know if I broke anything.

I appreciate the desire to make the script better but I would like to ask that we try as much as possible
to work together for everyones benefit.

Thanks
Chris

Here is a tree view of the directory for the files it needs.

mailscanner/
|-- BitDefender-Console-Antivirus-7.1-3.linux-gcc3x.i386.rpm
|-- MailScanner-perl-MIME-Base64-3.05-5.i386.rpm
|-- etc
|   `-- cron.daily
|       |-- bayes_cleanup
|       `-- db_cleanup
|-- http
|   |-- favicon.ico
|   `-- mailscanner
|       |-- do_message_ops.php
|       `-- geoip_update.php
|-- logwatch-7.3-1.noarch.rpm
|-- mailscanner-4.52.2-1.noarch.rpm
|-- mailwatch-1.0.3.tar.gz
|-- asinst_script.sh
|-- perl-Razor-Agent-2.81-2.i386.rpm
|-- perl-Storable-2.15-1.rf.i386.rpm
|-- rules_du_jour
`-- usr
    `-- local
        `-- bin
            `-- db_clean.php

>>> alex at nkpanama.com 05/22/06 2:24 pm >>>
I could help with:

Chris Hammond wrote:
> Script is run after a bare install of CentOS4
> Turns off un- needed services and runs a yum update.
> Sets up hosts file
> Installs all needed RPMS;
> Postfix, spamassassin, clamav, caching nameserver, mysql, apache, php, webmin, ntp, snmp, mailscanner, mailwatch, logwatch
I'd install sendmail, sendmail- devel, spf- milter, milter- greylist, and
perhaps another thing or two.
> and bitdefender are the major apps.
> Configures all apps based on variables set in the beginning of the script.
> Sets up iptables and allows only required ports.
> Sets up rules_du_jour
> Sets up Razor2

I'd also set up pyzor and dcc if possible.

Perhaps I could contribute to this effort...