MailScanner ANNOUNCEMENT: Your Software Needs You!

Chris Hammond chris at tac.esi.net
Mon May 22 19:50:44 IST 2006

If it were made into a project, I agree there should be the choice of MTA's.

How serious should we get on this?  Since there's more than one person that
may be working on this, would it justify cvs or is it too small for that?

Chris

>>> alex at nkpanama.com 05/22/06 2:24 pm >>>
I could help with:

Chris Hammond wrote:
> Script is run after a bare install of CentOS4
> Turns off un- needed services and runs a yum update.
> Sets up hosts file
> Installs all needed RPMS;
> Postfix, spamassassin, clamav, caching nameserver, mysql, apache, php, webmin, ntp, snmp, mailscanner, mailwatch, logwatch
I'd install sendmail, sendmail- devel, spf- milter, milter- greylist, and
perhaps another thing or two.
> and bitdefender are the major apps.
> Configures all apps based on variables set in the beginning of the script.
> Sets up iptables and allows only required ports.
> Sets up rules_du_jour
> Sets up Razor2

I'd also set up pyzor and dcc if possible.

Perhaps I could contribute to this effort...