Thoughts please: 4.54.4 as a stable?

Daniel Maher daniel.maher at ubisoft.com
Thu May 25 19:05:07 IST 2006

I recently inherited a set of incoming mail servers running Postfix 2.0 and MailScanner 4.51.  They handle around 400,000 pieces of mail per day.  I am considering upgrading both Postfix and MailScanner for efficiency purposes (the newer versions of both are purported to be faster), but I am wary about fixing something that isn't broken (so to speak).

I would very much appreciate any and all commentary as to whether 4.54.x is stable, and whether it can be relied on for a reasonably large-scale mail operations in the global enterprise.

Thank you. :)

--
Daniel Maher
Administrateur Système Unix

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.