MailScanner on a cluster

Dave Strydom strydom.dave at gmail.com
Mon May 22 20:15:07 IST 2006

Julian,

I'm already using the DNS round-robin system of both solution 1 and
solution 2, there is just one problem...

These mailscanners are part of a webhosting setup and handle mail for
about 2500+ different domains, I don't want to have to go update all
MX records everytime i want to add an additional server. Also some
people handle their own DNS records, so then it's a mission to send
out notifications and asking people to sort out their MX records.

What I am looking at doing is keeping my current "external ip's" and
then having them nat into a cluster, but i want to know if I can run
mailscanner on something like an openmosix cluster, this way I can
just add servers to the cluster and not have to worry about additional
 ip's and the updates that go with it.

Dave