MailScanner on a cluster

Richard Frovarp Richard.Frovarp at sendit.nodak.edu
Mon May 22 21:00:18 IST 2006

Dave,

You could use something like IPVS if you run Linux. Have the machine
listen to an IP and port and have it do RR or some other method for
distributing the load. It does support persistent connections, which is
probably of no use in this case.

 http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/software/ipvs.html

It does require some work to setup, but is a lot cheaper than a fancy
Cisco system.  We use it to balance LDAP, outgoing SMTP, and webmail.

Richard

Richard Frovarp
EduTech System Administrator
1-701-231-5127 or