install-Clam-SA

sandrews at andrewscompanies.com sandrews at andrewscompanies.com
Wed May 17 11:41:25 IST 2006

I stand corrected; thanks Julian!

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info
[mailto:mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info] On Behalf Of Julian
Field
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 4:24 AM
To: MailScanner discussion
Subject: Re: install-Clam-SA

On 16 May 2006, at 21:53, <sandrews at andrewscompanies.com>
<sandrews at andrewscompanies.com> wrote:

> I do believe you have to update
> freshclam.conf

My easy-install package will do this for you, don't worry.

> http://www.clamav.net/faq.html#pagestart
> How many times per hour shall I run freshclam?

Once at the very most.

> If you are running ClamAV 0.7x do NOT check more often than once per
> hour. If you are running ClamAV 0.8x or later, you can check for
> database update as often as 4 times per hour provided that you have
> the following options in freshclam.conf:
> DNSDatabaseInfo current.cvd.clamav.net DatabaseMirror db.XY.clamav.net

> DatabaseMirror database.clamav.net Replace XY with your country code.
> If you don't have that option, then you must stick with 1 check per
> hour.

And don't forget that MailScanner will be running freshclam once every
hour anyway, so you don't need to bother with any of this fiddly stuff.

Julian Field
www.MailScanner.info
Buy the MailScanner book at www.MailScanner.info/store PGP footprint:
EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC 7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654

believed to be clean.