Attn. postfix users WAS Multiple Postfix smtp instances

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at netmagicsolutions.com
Tue May 16 15:27:30 IST 2006

Drew Marshall wrote:

> On 4 May 2006, at 22:45, Glenn Steen wrote:
>
> <Snipped>
>
> Sadly I don't think I am the right guy either. Although I understand
> what each of the nice bits of software do, how they play and the
> mechanics, I am not a programmer nor do I understand the code bits of
> either (Kind of like I can drive, I understand what a misfire is and can
> even explain why but I'm not a mechanic!). I really think that Jules is
> the man to explain how it all comes together (And understand the answers
> better!) but perhaps there might be better results if between us we
> could mediate between the two parties, if Jules doesn't fancy walking
> back in to the lion's den and why indeed should he considering the past :-(
>

>> Anyway, my comments were the slight contrib I could do ATM. Sorry it's
>> not more.
>
> Like wise

Drew / Glenn / Other Postfix users,

I almost gave up.. but somehow think that this matter needs to be
clarified once and for all..

Are you guys game for getting together on the MailScanner IRC at some
predefined time and drafting a mail (that is technically. grammatically
and politically correct) to be sent to the postfix developers??

- dhawal

BTW, check the announcement on the postfix-users list.. milter support
in postfix is now available in the experimental versions.

http://www.porcupine.org/postfix-mirror/MILTER_README.html
ftp://ftp.porcupine.org/mirrors/postfix-release/experimental/