Redeliver archived messages

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri May 5 22:38:55 IST 2006

On 05/05/06, Kai Wang <kwang at ucalgary.ca> wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> We are running postfix with MailScanner. We archive the incoming
> messages. The archived messages are in postfix format.
>
> I want to write a script which does the following things:
> 1. scan virus in an archived message
> 2. if it is clean, tag '{Redelivered}' in subject line and requeue it to
> postfix
>
> My problem is that the archived message is in postfix format. Should I
> run postcat to dump it to another file then submit it to virus scanner?
> Can anybody tell me how to modify the subject?
>
> Thanks

Are we to assume you/your users have lost some of your mails and want
hem back? One can actually use MailScanner to do the job... Just plop
the relevant messages back into the hold queue and MS should start
working on them.

With some special attention, perhaps using the MCP feature with an
altered subject (so that it matches what you want), and some temporary
MCP rules, one might even get the "entire package", so to speak:-).

--
-- Glenn