How do I block a domain from the recieved portion of headers

Ed Bruce ebruce at hpmich.com
Wed Mar 22 13:57:31 GMT 2006

Brandon Hoppe wrote:

> A virus on a users machine from an outside domain keeps sending email
> to a user on my domain. MailScanner is detecting the virus and
> removing it. But the problem is that I get these emails atleast once
> an hour. It always comes from the same place. It disguises itself as
> though the email comes from my domain, but the full headers shows it
> comes from another domain. For example:
>

> Full headers are:

> My domain is named test-domain.com. I am not on RoadRunner so the
> rr.com address above is where its originating from.
>

> What's the best way to go about blocking this domain or sub-domain so
> that I stop receiving the notices of detected virus emails from
> MailScanner.

What MTA are you using. I'm using PostFix and have a check_helo_access
rule that rejects email falsely claiming to be from within my domain.

--
This message, including any attachments, is intended solely for the use
of the named recipients(s) and may contain confidential and/or

Thank you for your cooperation.

Secure Resource, and is believed to be clean.