Default MTA for various distros

shuttlebox shuttlebox at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 23:04:00 GMT 2006

On 3/18/06, John Rudd <jrudd at ucsc.edu> wrote:
> Only if you consider the most trivial aspects of an upgrade.
>
> In reality, in a non-trivial environment, it can take months to go from
> the start of an upgrade process to the completion of an upgrade.  In
> that kind of environment, it can be nice to know that you wont have to
> put one of those processes on your todo list for a few years.

On an RPM based system for example an upgrade of OS release is not
much more than a regular upgrade of packages. Do you do that every
other year as well?

I use test systems so I know what to expect, that can take some time
but the actual upgrades don't take more than 30 minutes.

I think it's no biggie doing an OS upgrade more often than every six
years no matter how many and complex servers one has.

--
/peter