mime and end-of-line encoding

Greg Matthews gmatt at nerc.ac.uk
Wed Mar 15 16:46:09 GMT 2006

Has the problem with EOL encoding and "sign clean messages" got any
nearer to a fix?

This was last mentioned around the 2nd of february after a couple of
threads on the issue (Attachment Warnings - End of Line Behavior Changed
(CR, LF) and Problem With PDF Files - SOLVED)

I have had to implement message signing as part of our Freedom of
Infomation (FOI) policy and I've received my first complaint from a user
about lines running together. She is using the Eudora mail client.

I got the impression that the problem was "hard", but I also got the
impression that it wasnt clear where the problem or solution exactly
lay, this appeared to be conpounded by the MIME::Tools developer going
awol. Is there any update? Any workaround other than "turn off message
signing"?

respectfully

GREG
--