UTF8

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Wed Mar 15 16:29:45 GMT 2006

Paul Houselander a écrit :
> Hi
>
> Im running MailScanner on Fedora Core 2 (Perl version 5.8.3) and CentOS 4.2
> (Perl version 5.8.5)
>
> Is it necessary on these systems to remove references to UTF-8 in
> /etc/sysconfig/i18n?
>
> I was reading this
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/Utf8Performance?highlight=%28UTF%29
>
> and can remember quite a bit of chat on the list about it but was not sure
> if it was no longer an issue?
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Paul

Paul,

I'm running on RHEL4 servers with LANG="en_US.UTF-8" with no problems.

Some Perl modules may not like UTF8 when installing.  Just make sure to
"export LANG=C" before installing them.  If you use Julian's install
script, I believe this is taken care of automatically.

Denis

--
   _
  °v°   Denis Beauchemin, analyste