Carriage returns removed from text files

Jon Bates jon.bates at summitmotors.com.au
Thu Mar 2 03:16:45 GMT 2006

Using MailScanner 4.50.14 + Sendmail + Spamassassin

Issue:

A user sends a properly formatted text file (paragraphed etc) as an
attachment to an email. The receiver gets the email with the attachment, but
the text file has been reformatted. All of the carriage returns are removed,
and replaced with rectangle-like symbols, and all of the text appears on a
single line. This happens with every single text file I have tried.

I've tried removing users from the content scanning in the hope that this is
what is causing the issues, but nothing works.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks

- Jon Bates

This message has been scanned for viruses and inappropriate content or
attachments as deemed by Summit Investment Australia P/L and is believed to be
clean.

Although Summit Investment Australia has taken reasonable precautions to
ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept
responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or
attachments.

All messages scanned by MailScanner