O.T. milter-link - reject phishing & spam

Ken A ka at pacific.net
Wed Jun 28 20:45:49 IST 2006

Steve Freegard wrote:
> Hi Ken,
>
> Ken A wrote:
>> Anyone using or tried snertsoft's milter-link ?
>> It checks message bodies against surbl or other similar list.
>> Seems to work nicely and takes a bit of load off MailScanner/S.A.
>
> Disclaimer:  I helped Anthony write and test milter-link as it was based
> on a milter that I wrote in Perl that used SpamAssassin to do the same.
>  This was a re-implementation of my code + a lot of extras but written
> in C for far greater speed and efficiency.
>
> milter-link is very undervalued in my opinion -- it does a fantastic job
> of reducing the load on MailScanner (see attached graph of todays MTA
> rejections from the FSL spam trap!).

Hi Steve,

I was looking at the perl milter api for checking message bodies before
I stumbled upon this one. Great work by you and Anthony!

Is the URIBL in your graph just a generic term here, or are you using
milter-link with URIBL rather than SURBL, or both? I was just testing
using SURBL, but might drop a couple more in and see how it goes...

Thanks,
Ken A.
Pacific.Net