Error loading some perl modules on spamassassin

Logan Shaw lshaw at emitinc.com
Fri Jun 23 18:42:09 IST 2006

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006, Rafael Vallejo wrote:
> I have a problem with spamassassin and is that some perl modules I got
> messages like this
>
> [20075] dbg: diag: module not installed: LWP::UserAgent ('require' failed)
>
> UserAgent is a module among others I want to use, I installed by hand
> spamassasin and have no other choice, LWP and all the modules it need is
> there in where it is supposed to be /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.1/LWP,

I would try using the CPAN shell to automatically install the
modules you need.  The CPAN shell should make sure they are
installed in a place where Perl can find them automatically.

Just do

 	perl -MCPAN -e shell

You'll then get a prompt where you can type things like

 	install LWP::UserAgent

to install a module.  Or, to list things that match a pattern,

 	i /UserAgent/

Hope that helps.

   - Logan