Problem with delivery of clean mail

Tiago J. S. Martins Cruz tjcruz at airc.pt
Fri Jun 9 18:57:51 IST 2006

I'm having trouble with my MailScanner configuration and I'm hoping
someone on this list could giev me a hand. The MX server for the
domain I administer is based on a FC5 Linux Distribution with
MailScanner+sendmail in gateway mode.

In my mailscanner.conf file I have enabled the "Deliver Cleaned
Messages" option but it doesn't seems to work. When a message with an
infected attachment hits the system the postmaster is notified but the
cleaned message (without the infected attach) is not delivered to the
recipient. I saw something similar on the mailing list archives, circa
2004 but the solution that worked then was a patch to the "Message.pm"
file.

My maillog file doesn't shows any kind of errors - however it does
have the log entries for the messages sent to the postmaster. Apart
from that, no sign of any message sent to the recipients of the
cleaned messages.

Thanks, in advance, for any help
--Tiago Cruz

My configuration is as follows:

   i686 i386 GNU/Linux
This is Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux)
This is Perl version 5.008008 (5.8.8)

This is MailScanner version 4.54.6
Module versions are:
1.00    AnyDBM_File