Can the order of Spam, MCP, Arichiving processing be determined

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Jun 2 08:49:45 IST 2006

On 2 Jun 2006, at 05:18, Lasantha Marian wrote:

> Hi Everyone !
>
> MailScanner has been a one of the best FOSS tools that I have used
> and I
> have deployed at six locations in three countries. It has always
> served
> my requirements beyond expectations. Mostly my setups are
> Postfix/DBMail/MailScanner/SpamAssassin/AVG/ClamAV/F-Prot/F-Secure
> with
> one new deployment having Exim as MTA. I am extremely thankful to the
> wonderful people who are involved the development of MailScnner
> (this my
> first time on this list).

Gratitude gratefully received!

> The Problem (may be a feature request) is that the Archive feature of
> the MailScanner processes messages before processing Spam and MCP.
> Which
> results in having Spam and MCP positive messages being archived. The
> need is to get the archiving messages which are Spam and MCP negatives
> only. Unfortunately for me I could not find a way to achieve this.

The spam gets archived into a spam subdirectory of the day's
quarantine. Just delete the archived spam directory every night.

> Is there a possibility to decide in which order the processing of
> Spam,
> MCP and Archiving can be done (For Spam and MCP the option "First
> Check
> = spam" fills the same kind of need) ? If not available is there a
> possibility to introduce a configuration option to decide the order of
> processing ?

The data put into the archive is _always_ the contents of the message
as received by MailScanner, and I have no intention of changing that.
You can stop viruses going into the archive, but that is all. I want
the archive as a way of looking at original messages if something
went wrong. Having mangled messages in the archive would destroy the
point.

--
Julian Field

believed to be clean.