MailScanner headers in quarantined messages (MailScanner and Exim)

Martin Hepworth martinh at solid-state-logic.com
Fri Jul 7 10:00:18 IST 2006

Blane Bramble wrote:
> Hi, I'm just setting up a test machine with MailScanner on - and so far
> it's going pretty well. However I have a question about how the
> quarantine process works - I have it set up to create quarantine files
> in queue format so they can be easily released, but when I examine
> messages that have been quarantined they have no additional MailScanner
> headers. Is this the expected behaviour - and if so, is there any way to
> change it the headers will be added so I can see why the message was
> quarantined?
Blane

yes - the messages stored in quarantine are as near to as  the came into
the system as is possible. This is deliberate so you can get at the
'raw' information before any potential 'breaking' occurred.

May I suggest you look at reporting packages like MailWatch for
Mailscanner which will give you a html interface to see why the message
wasn't delivered...

--
Martin Hepworth
Senior Systems Administrator