Panda Wrapper reporting zero

Victor DiMichina victor at pixelmagicfx.com
Tue Jan 31 19:21:24 GMT 2006

Julian Field wrote:

> Very few people have ever had much luck getting Panda to work
> properly. It is the worst of all the virus scanners I support. Check
> you /etc/MailScanner/virus.scanners.conf file to be sure you have the
> right path.
>
> Run this
> /usr/lib/MailScanner/panda-wrapper /usr /tmp
> will scan /tmp for you, the "/usr" argument is the path taken from the
> end of the corresponding line in virus.scanners.conf.

I figured as much.   I had it working when the wrapper was all in
Spanish and before Panda went to their over-engineered output.   :)

Looking through the archives,  it seems like some had a measure of
success with Rick's new wrapper.    I can actually see results of the
wrapper detecting and eliminating virus files,   but can't get an
accurate report.     The only reason I'm bothering is because I'm under
support for one more year,  and I'd like to use it.

Just got my MS book and BRIGHT YELLOW MS shirt for Christmas.   Cool
stuff,  Julian.

Vic