Panda Wrapper reporting zero

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Jan 31 19:07:15 GMT 2006

Victor DiMichina wrote:

> I've been wrestling with the Panda Wrapper for some time now.    It's
> *probably* working,  but with no reporting.    The only way I can see
> it working is when I run it manually on an Eicar virus, I have the
> -ren option selected so that it actually renames the eicar.com  to
> eicar.com.vir.    It still returns a Virus=0  status.   I get no
> updates from MailScanner the way I do for the f-secure wrapper. Does
> anyone have success in getting Panda's wrapper to report a virus when
> found?    Even though it's probably working,  it's not a very secure
> feeling just trusting a piece of code to do its job with no feedback.
> MailScanner Version  4.47.4
Very few people have ever had much luck getting Panda to work properly.
It is the worst of all the virus scanners I support. Check you
/etc/MailScanner/virus.scanners.conf file to be sure you have the right
path.

Run this
/usr/lib/MailScanner/panda-wrapper /usr /tmp
will scan /tmp for you, the "/usr" argument is the path taken from the
end of the corresponding line in virus.scanners.conf.

--
Julian Field

believed to be clean.