Panda Wrapper reporting zero

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 22:15:18 GMT 2006

On 31/01/06, Victor DiMichina <victor at pixelmagicfx.com> wrote:

> Julian Field wrote:
>
> > Very few people have ever had much luck getting Panda to work
> > properly. It is the worst of all the virus scanners I support. Check
> > you /etc/MailScanner/virus.scanners.conf file to be sure you have the
> > right path.
> >
> > Run this
> > /usr/lib/MailScanner/panda-wrapper /usr /tmp
> > will scan /tmp for you, the "/usr" argument is the path taken from the
> > end of the corresponding line in virus.scanners.conf.
> >
> I figured as much.   I had it working when the wrapper was all in
> Spanish and before Panda went to their over-engineered output.   :)
>
> Looking through the archives,  it seems like some had a measure of
> success with Rick's new wrapper.    I can actually see results of the
> wrapper detecting and eliminating virus files,   but can't get an
> accurate report.     The only reason I'm bothering is because I'm under
> support for one more year,  and I'd like to use it.
>
> Just got my MS book and BRIGHT YELLOW MS shirt for Christmas.   Cool
> stuff,  Julian.
>
> Vic

Hi Vic,

I suppose you've looked at my scribblings at
http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:anti_virus:panda:install
?
IIRC you still need supply a directory structure "mimicking" the
layout present when running on a message batch in MailScanner. And I
_think_ it still ignores the /path/to/batch argument. It's very
possible I recall wrong though:-), and I'm not near an MS box where I
can look at it until tomorrow... And I'm simply too lazy to DL and
read code @home:-).
I'm sure Rick and/or Julian will correct any misconceptions in the above:)

--
-- Glenn