Patch: Always Virus Scan (Even if Undeliv or Delete due to SPAM/MCP)

Ron ron at neversleep.net
Mon Jan 30 06:52:48 GMT 2006

Here is a patch for MailScanner 4.49.7 which adds a configuration option
to Virus Scan messages, even if they have been tagged as "Deleted" or
"DontDeliver".  (attached: AlwaysVirusScan.patch.tar.gz; patch with -p1)

This allows me to keep accurate Virus counts and statistics.

This basically mimics the "Old" way MailScanner behaved for Virus Scanning.

This is my first time tweaking on the MS source; so I hope this is the
sensible approach.  I considered implementing as a ruleset per each
domain/message; but this Statistical option only seemed to make sense
globally.

If anybody is interested in this give feedback.

-Ron Allred
(new list member also..)