Remove times from logwatch reports

John Wilcock john at tradoc.fr
Mon Jan 30 08:20:20 GMT 2006

Gerry Doris wrote:
> Ever since we added the batch processing times I've been getting reams
> of lines in my logcheck reports giving the batch times for each message
> being processed.
>
> I haven't been able to find where I can turn these off.  Is this
> configurable?

Have a look in /usr/share/logwatch/scripts/services/mailscanner
(or /etc/log.d/conf/services/mailscanner if you're using an older
version of logwatch).

There's a longish list near the top of the file of regexes for lines to
be totally ignored - just add to it as needed.

John.

--
-- Over 3000 webcams from ski resorts around the world - www.snoweye.com
-- Translate your technical documents and web pages    - www.tradoc.fr