Remove time from logwatch reports

Mike Tremaine mgt at stellarcore.net
Mon Jan 30 14:50:34 GMT 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 12:00 +0000, mailscanner-
request at lists.mailscanner.info wrote:
> Message: 2
> Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 11:37:02 -0500
> From: Gerry Doris <gdoris at rogers.com>
> Subject: Remove times from logwatch reports
> To: mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info
>
> Ever since we added the batch processing times I've been getting reams
> of lines in my logcheck reports giving the batch times for each
> message
> being processed.
>
> I haven't been able to find where I can turn these off.  Is this
> configurable?

Depending on the version of logwatch you have running you might be able
to use the ignore.conf file to filter out the noise. Look at see if you
have /etc/logwatch/conf/ignore.conf [or maybe /etc/log.d/ for versions
before 7.0 ] Then just drop the first part of the line you want ignored
into this file and you are done.

In the long run as soon as I upgrade to 4.50 I'll patch the mailscanner
script to do the right thing.

-Mike