high spam ruleset, is this right?

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at colby.edu
Thu Jan 26 21:32:03 GMT 2006

> On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, shuttlebox wrote:
>
> > Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 22:23:50 +0100
> > From: shuttlebox <shuttlebox at gmail.com>
> > To: MailScanner discussion <mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info>
> > Subject: Re: high spam ruleset, is this right?
> >
> > On 1/26/06, Jeff A. Earickson <jaearick at colby.edu> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > Writing a ruleset for high spam actions, is this correct?
> >
> > To:\tadmissions at colby.edu\tforward jaearick at colby.edu,dsjones at colby.edudelete
> > FromOrTo:\tdefault\tdelete
> >
> > Tabs (\t above) are required, right?  I want high spam for
> > admissions to be forwarded to myself and dsjones and be
> > deleted from the admissions mailbox.  Will this work?
> >

> Tabs are only required in the filename and filetype files. The delete action
> on the first row is redundant and it might be on the second too, I'm not
> sure about that but it might feel more logical to put something there.
> Another thing I'm not sure about is if you can have multiple addresses in
> the forward action.

Ehhh, that doesn't sound right.  I'm replacing the MailScanner.conf line:
    High Scoring Spam Actions = delete
with:
    High Scoring Spam Actions = %localrules-dir%/highspam.rules
so I better have a default action in there (2nd line).  The comma seperated
list of email addresses doesn't have any spaces and is RFC822 compliant
so that *ought* to work.  Don't know if I need the delete on the first line.

I've got the ruleset in place, just waiting for something to admissions
to trigger it.  Where's a spammer when you need one???

Jeff Earickson
Colby College