high spam ruleset, is this right?

shuttlebox shuttlebox at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 21:47:35 GMT 2006

On 1/26/06, Jeff A. Earickson <jaearick at colby.edu> wrote:

> Ehhh, that doesn't sound right.  I'm replacing the MailScanner.conf line:
>     High Scoring Spam Actions = delete
> with:
>     High Scoring Spam Actions = %localrules-dir%/highspam.rules
> so I better have a default action in there (2nd line).  The comma
> seperated
> list of email addresses doesn't have any spaces and is RFC822 compliant
> so that *ought* to work.  Don't know if I need the delete on the first
> line.

I'm 100% sure the first delete is not needed. The other might only be needed
if it fails the syntax check otherwise. To me, delete is when you don't want
something more productive done to the mail, like store or deliver for
example. I see strange combos like "store delete" all the time that seem to
work so I think that delete is very much redundant. But maybe it will fail
the syntax check if there's nothing at all there, I haven't tried it. :-)

Another thing I haven't tried is to forward to multiple addresses but it
would be great if it worked like you say and I think it probably does.

--
/peter