Change default Lock Type for sendmail ?

Pentland G. G.Pentland at soton.ac.uk
Mon Jan 23 17:16:17 GMT 2006

mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info wrote:
> Can't the output of  "sendmail -d0.13 -bt </dev/null | grep FLOCK" be
> used?
>
> My 8.12 box returns a line, my 8.13 doesn't........

As echoed elsewhere... this may OK on Linux but on BSD/Solaris it is not
reliable...

I think that whatever the "default" is it should be well documented and
set up so that if it is not set by a human then MS will not start...
maybe have it as a question in install.sh?

./install.sh
Are you using flock (yes/no)?
 * if you don't know what this means then type "no".

Just another maybe, and the Solaris/BSD people will be less likely to
get caught out.

Gary