Dropping spam into a different a custom mailbox

Matt Hampton matt at coders.co.uk
Tue Jan 17 10:17:42 GMT 2006

Amir Sela wrote:
> First of all, thanks for the reply.
> The problem is that if I define postfix to use procmail, it simply
> doesn't deliver mail.
> And since this is a MailScanner specific problem, since it uses
> postfix, I thought someone
> here might give me an exact idea on how this is done when using
> postfix with mailscanner.
> It's not on the postfix docs because it's a MailScanner issue, and
> here I get "this is not a Mailscanner issue", and I'm kind of stuck
> because there are no docs on how this is done.
> Thanks again,
>  -Amir

Amir

Even though MailScanner "doesn't use postfix in the proper way" it is
not involved in the delivery of mail to the mailboxes of your users.

Here is a document that explains how to set up procmail with postfix

http://ccfaq.valar.co.uk/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=245

This has basically everything you need

matt