Dropping spam into a different a custom mailbox

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 10:45:31 GMT 2006

On 17/01/06, Matt Hampton <matt at coders.co.uk> wrote:
> Amir Sela wrote:
> > First of all, thanks for the reply.
> > The problem is that if I define postfix to use procmail, it simply
> > doesn't deliver mail.
> > And since this is a MailScanner specific problem, since it uses
> > postfix, I thought someone
> > here might give me an exact idea on how this is done when using
> > postfix with mailscanner.
> > It's not on the postfix docs because it's a MailScanner issue, and
> > here I get "this is not a Mailscanner issue", and I'm kind of stuck
> > because there are no docs on how this is done.
> > Thanks again,
> >  -Amir
> >

> Amir
>
> Even though MailScanner "doesn't use postfix in the proper way" it is
> not involved in the delivery of mail to the mailboxes of your users.
>
> Here is a document that explains how to set up procmail with postfix
>
> http://ccfaq.valar.co.uk/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=245
>
> This has basically everything you need
>
> matt
CC Matt.
One might also note that at least some distros of linux will have
procmail configured for postfix by default (for example
Mandriva/Mandrake has had it like that for quite some time). So in
that case it is just a matter of making a reasonable /etc/procmailrc
(or more likely a per user setup).

Amir, when you say that you don't get anything delivered when using
procmail, might it be that you had a bum setup for procmail/thatuser?
Or could you see in the maillog that "everything borked out" (no
hand-off to the local delivery)?
--
-- Glenn