Beta 4.50.4 released -- faster than 4.49

Christiaan den Besten chris at scorpion.nl
Thu Jan 5 11:08:46 GMT 2006

> I would like to get a set of timeouts we basically agree on, then
> leave them set at that. No-one will ever actually change the values
> we supply, so I see no great reason to make the conf file any bigger
> than it already is.

Jules,

Like some of the other SA settings (value for low/high spam) the expire settings for low/high spam are very site specific. As
Raymond tried to explain: e-mail body's are analysed by automated tools. This usually leadd to some url's being added to a URIBL.
The URIBL will be updated once every couple of minutes. After that -the same message body- would be tagged higher by SA ..... I
suppose the same is valid for bayes. If the same message passes the filter more often, it should get a higher bayes value.

So, having a lower expire timeout on lowspam messages can be 'required' for some setups. But other, who use less dynamic SA lists
probably could cope with a higher value ...

bye,
Chris