Just A Silly Question About MailWatch
smf at F2S.COM
Thu Jan 5 09:19:44 GMT 2006
On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 08:37 +0700, Fajar wrote:
> You know, Mailwatch for MailScanner is really good for
> manage your quarantine, spam/virus report, etc. I wonder,
> why Mailwatch not being developed as fast as MailScanner?
> Maybe someone willing to answer this silly question :D
I'm not sure I understand why you asked this. Is there a feature
missing in MailWatch that you want or something? Maybe you should have
asked this question on the MailWatch mailing-list first?
If it is a philosophical question then:
- they are both different products written and maintained by two
- MailWatch by definition will have some 'lag' between new features
being written into MailScanner and the reporting for the new features
being worked into MailWatch.
- The MailScanner developer is in a completely different league to the
MailWatch developer in developer skill :-)
- This is open-source software, the developers write, maintain and
support their software in their free time.
- The MailWatch developer is lazy or doesn't seem to have much free
Hope this clears it up for you.
------------------------ MailScanner list ------------------------
To unsubscribe, email jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk with the words:
'leave mailscanner' in the body of the email.
Before posting, read the Wiki (http://wiki.mailscanner.info/) and
the archives (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).
Support MailScanner development - buy the book off the website!
More information about the MailScanner