Stopping?

Laurent Dinclaux lox at birdy.nc
Fri Feb 24 04:56:06 GMT 2006

> Your problem might be caused when logrotate runs to rotate your logs.
> It could be creating the new log with the wrong user or wrong
> permissions, and the sendmail or mailscanner daemon dies because it
> can no longer write to the file it was writing to.  I had a web server
> daemon that was doing that this week.  Look in ''/etc/logrotate.d/''
> for a sendmail or mailscanner log and make sure it has a setting for
> the same user/group that sendmail and/or mailscanner is running as.

Hello,

Seems I have nothing related to sendmail and mailscanner, seems strange
to me... Is it?

# ls /etc/logrotate.d
acpid  clamav  freshclam  httpd  mysqld  named  psacct  rpm  syslog
vsftpd.log  yum
# cat /etc/logrotate.conf
# see "man logrotate" for details
# rotate log files weekly
weekly

# keep 4 weeks worth of backlogs
rotate 4

# create new (empty) log files after rotating old ones
create

# uncomment this if you want your log files compressed
#compress

# RPM packages drop log rotation information into this directory
include /etc/logrotate.d

# no packages own wtmp -- we'll rotate them here
/var/log/wtmp {
     monthly
     create 0664 root utmp
     rotate 1
}

# system-specific logs may be also be configured here.

Best regards

--
Laurent Dinclaux
Birdy Communication