install-Clam-SA.tar.gz -SPAM ASSASSIN HELP

shuttlebox shuttlebox at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 16:20:59 GMT 2006

On 2/21/06, Nauman Habib <nauman at worldcall.net.pk> wrote:

> HI
>

> I Have Just Built A Mail Server Using Latest SENDMAIL on FC2 Machine.
>
> I have Used Latest MAIL SCANNER and I m also Using install-Clam-SA.tar.gz( CLAM & SA ) package.
>
> I want to know - In this Package of Spam Assassin Where is the Spam
> Assassin RULEZ?
>
> It is capturing some of the Spam, but leaves still a lot.
>
> I want to know where the Rules which can be Modifies according to my
> Personal Needs are.
>
> If you can possible attach some Good Strict Rules as Example, it will be
> nice.

Find out the exact package name by:

# rpm -qa | grep -i spam

Then list the files in it:

# rpm -ql name-of-spamassassin-package

My guess is /usr/share/spamassassin but you should never modify the original
rules since they will be overwritten when you upgrade. Change scores, add
rules and so on in /etc/mail/spamassassin.

--
/peter